What is the DDS?
- The DDS is a self-report survey that has 17 items.
- The DDS can be completed in English and in Spanish.
- You will be asked to rate each of the items on a scale of 1 to 6, from “not a problem” to “a very serious problem.”
- There are instructions on the top of the screen to help you get started.
What happens after I complete the 17 items?
This website will score your completed survey for you.
You will receive a summary report of the results, which can be downloaded as a pdf.
The report will give you several scores:
- A total diabetes distress score that will reflect your overall level of diabetes distress from all sources.
- Additional scores that will show your level of diabetes distress in 4 specific areas.
- On the last page of the report you will see your score for each item included in each of the 4 areas. This will help you identify very specific areas of diabetes distress.
TO PROTECT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RESPONSES TO THE ITEMS AND YOUR SUMMARY REPORT WILL NOT BE RETAINED OR STORED ON THIS WEBSITE ONCE YOU LEAVE THE WEBSITE! HOWEVER, YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AS A PDF.